A challenge commonly faced in landscape, travel, and architectural photography is a scene with high contrast between the highlight and shadow areas, for example, a bright sky with a darker foreground. Expose for the highlights in the sky, and you’ll lose detail in the foreground. Expose for the foreground, and you’ll blow out the sky. But with Benro Aureole GND (Graduated Neutral Density) filters, you’ll be able to perfectly balance high-contrast highlights and shadows – and consistently produce properly exposed images in a single exposure, without time-consuming post-processing. Benro Aureole GND filters are available in 3 and 4-stop densities in both soft and hard-edge transitions, for maximum flexibility.
- Made with Schott B270 German optical glass, the finest available, precisely ground to ensure brilliantly sharp images with no ghosting.
- ULCA Multi-Coating decreases flare and significantly reduces chromatic aberration (average transmission >99.0% @420-680nm).
- NANO WMC Multi-Coating is scratch resistant and repels water, dirt, and oil from smudges and fingerprints, making the filter easy to clean.
- IRND Coating maintains faithful color rendition by eliminating color shifts caused by unwanted infrared and UV light.
- The gradation transition is smooth and natural looking.